Because of the current demographic trend, inheritance law will gain awareness in the future. Using keywords such as “generation of heirs” and “company succession planning”, politicians and economists predict that in the next few years in Germany, more than 100,000 companies will be looking for a successor.
The transfer of a company to a successor is, because of the complexity associated to it, one of the biggest challenges that entrepreneurs face throughout their lives.
The selection of an appropriate successor and the multitude of legal, tax and family aspects and interests often make it hard to match the expectations of the person selling or giving his undertaking to the one receiving it, without in some cases jeopardising the very existence of the company with capital outflows.
Range of services
● Consultation regarding all matters of succession planning
● Drawing up of wills and other testamentary arrangements
● Advice on inheritance disputes
● Execution of inheritance law processes
● Assertion and warding off of statutory portions
● Taking on the execution of wills
● General guidance and protection of interests in inheritance matters